POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k) : Re: WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k)
From: =Bob=
Date: 24 Mar 2001 02:45:27
Message: <3abc5097$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Dave,

I think you hit it. It's probably the ambient
light. I turned it up because the shadows
were hiding details. It's a balancing act I
haven't found center on yet.

I'm not sure what you mean by the textures
on the plants being washed out. I know
what it means when color is washed out.

I like the idea of the lawn mower. I might try
it. You're not the first one to suggest adding
something on the left side, so I'm figuring
the picture is out of balance and the left
side is light.

Thanks again for your help!
=Bob=

"Dave Blandston" <gra### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
: How about adding a broken-down rusty lawn mower over on the left side? :)
:
: The scene looks great, except the textures of the plants are all washed out!
: The brick structure and other objects look fine... Do you have the ambient
: light set too high, maybe?
:
: This should make a very competitive IRTC entry, in my opinion...
:
: -Dave