POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k) : Re: WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k)
From: =Bob=
Date: 24 Mar 2001 02:41:10
Message: <3abc4f96@news.povray.org>
Thanks Fabien,

I think now I have too much ambient
light, as suggested by Dave Blandston.
At least, that's what I'll try next.

I think you're right about the textures,
I'm still trying to get "roughness" but
not figuring it out yet. I'd sure like to
get the pump looking really rough if
I can. Where's the blister texture?

The bricks are unions of cylinders and
boxes, then differences of elongated
spheres to create the distressing. Each
one made individually using a few random
numbers so they are somewhat unique.
Still need to get the textures to stand out.

I'll try the post processing as well next
time. Do you think the picture is washed
out, or too dark?

Thank you for your help!
=Bob=

"Fabien Mosen" <fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote in message
: Please submit it, it's really worth it !  Composition is good, and
: the concept is nice, too.  The way bricks are made is really
: interesting.
:
: I guess you have a shadowless "fill" light. Dim it a little.
: Textures on the objects sourrounding the well needs a little more work
: (adjust highlights on balloon,..), esp. the pump (make it more "rough").
:
: Maybe try other skies.
:
: Once your render is finished, use a paint program to adjust contrast
: and brightness, to give more "kick" to the image (yes, it's allowed).
:
: Fabien.