POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 8 (45KBU) : Re: Take 8 (45KBU) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:29:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 8 (45KBU)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 23 Mar 2001 08:21:16
Message: <3abb4dcc@news.povray.org>
"H.E. Day" <The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote:

> I hear color is good.
> Seriously, i think this stuff is gonna really bring out the contrast. Many
> other little things fixed, and i love the clouds. Comments?

Well, the flags certainly are... startling, and they do bring contrast into
the image. Frankly, I'm not sure what to think. On one hand, they add a
certain novelty to the design. On the other hand, they diminish the
perceived scale of the objects - especially the platform. Perhaps they
should be a bit less massive; and a bit less bright, lest they distract too
much from the rest of the image.
One more thing: the second flag from the right looks strange where it cuts
the spray, maybe you should try to fix this.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt