POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 7 (55KBU) : Re: Take 7 (55KBU) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 7 (55KBU)
From: Stephen Bell
Date: 22 Mar 2001 00:32:27
Message: <3ab98e6b$1@news.povray.org>
First of all, I think your picture is beautiful.  It is so stylized that it
looks almost painted instead of rendered.  I was just thinking that if you
wanted to do something interesting to the scene, you could do something like
the Pearl Harbor picture
(http://oz.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1998-12-31/strike.jpg) and put one of the
blimps in the foreground and make it look as though the camera were
travelling with the blimp, like it was going to be docking or something
(although if you put it in the foreground for any reason you would probably
need to put extra detail on it).  Someone else said something about having
the blimps at different angles to show movement.  I think that is a great
idea.  You could even tip the camera (again, stealing from Pearl Harbor,
sorry).  Anyway, forgive my rambling and brainstorming.  GREAT modelling,
texturing, and ... okay... just about everything.

----