POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Height Field Problems(50k + 65k) : Re: Height Field Problems(50k + 65k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height Field Problems(50k + 65k)
From: Tekno Frannansa
Date: 20 Mar 2001 18:29:19
Message: <3ab7e7cf@news.povray.org>
DOH!

I can't believe how dumb I was being!!

I decided to follow your advice and try rendering it with smooth turned off,
but that was taking some time so I decided to take the opportunity to
re-read the heightfield bit of the POVray docs. I suddenly noticed the
hf_gray_16 setting, I'd swear that wasn't there before!

It's sorted now as you can see by this lovely picture.

Of course, this does mean that every heightfield I've ever done has been at
8-bit colour depth! God I feel stupid 8)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message