POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) : Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 20 Mar 2001 07:51:14
Message: <3ab75241@news.povray.org>
Dave Blandston <gra### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> This picture really does a great job of creating a mood. I especially like
> the stone pattern. It has some regularity to it, but also an element of
> randomness. I would vary the texture of the stone walls a little though, but
> that's just my preference. Is each stone a separate object that can be
> individually textured? If so, it might be interesting to vary each one a
> little in color and/or surface texture.

Each stone is an iso, and I have complete control over their texturing.
Right now I'm working on adding some aging to them, but I also want to add a
pigment to the iso to make them a little less regular.

> The stairway is a nice touch as well.

Thanks.

> I can't tell what the brown things are hanging out of the window... Maybe
> some pipes?

Got it in one.  There's going to be something coming out of them, maybe (if
I can get it to work), and perhaps some steam.  That should make it clearer.

Unfortunately, with the detail level I'm working, even at 1024 x 768 details
are often down to a few pixels.  I am hoping to have time to do some detail
shots of important stuff later (not strictly for the IRTC, but because
people may want to see).  For example, the only image_map in the picture is
the figure's eyeballs...

Geoff