POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) : Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 20 Mar 2001 01:11:17
Message: <3ab6f485@news.povray.org>
Geoff Wedig <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote in message

> Does anyone have any data on how much longer adding a (say) granite
pigment
> to the iso takes?  The isos are deformed rounded boxes right now.

iirc adding a granite pigment function to my isosurface bricks multiplied
my render time by 5. I wasn't using radiosity however and had a lot of
lights

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *