POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) : Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k)
From: =Bob=
Date: 19 Mar 2001 16:02:30
Message: <3ab673e6$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Geoff,

This is a wonderful picture, so full of ideas
and great dimension and perspective. It's
such a superb picture, there's not alot to say
negative. But I'll try to get picky:

1. I think the mist at the bottom is too bright.

2. I don't care for the vertical line that appears
where the blocks all line up on the left side. The
blocks should overlap or they would be unsound.
The part I'm talking about is a vertical line in the
blocks directly behind the lergest glow.

4. The turrets and windows look "cutout" rather
than built-in.

5. Maybe it could use more distance in the back-
ground.

6. With all that mist, it seems there should be some
shininess to the blocks, at least the lower ones. And
I agree with those who mentioned adding moss.

All in all, a really great work.
=Bob=

"Geoff Wedig" <wed### [at] darwincwruedu> wrote in message
news:3AB### [at] darwincwruedu...
: Well, I may not be HE Day, but that's all the more reason for me to ask
for
: other people's thoughts.  So here's my current IRTC WIP.  Sorry about the
size
: of the image for those with smallish monitors, but I needed to go that big
: (1024x768) to get the detail I wanted. ;)
:
: So thoughts?  Criticisms (constructive, of course)?
:
: Geoff