POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) : Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 19 Mar 2001 14:31:40
Message: <3ab65e9c@news.povray.org>
Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:

> Geoff Wedig wrote:
>>
>> So thoughts?  Criticisms (constructive, of course)?
>>

> This looks great; actually reminds me of a (good) painting rather than a
> raytraced image. I think the background adds a good deal to this.

That was part of the effect I was going for, actually.  Glad it comes
through.

> A little wear and tear on the walls, maybe some objects cluttering the
> walls and platforms to make the place a bit more lived-in. Difficult to
> suggest anything in particular without knowing more of the backstory.
> The bright fog hurts my eyes, but then anything above rgb 0.5 tends to
> do that to me :)

I dislike it too, but when I drop the lighting so the fog is less bright,
the picture becomes completely dark elsewhere.

I might try a light source to light the fog, then a light source that is
unaffected by media for the rest of the pic.  That might work.

And you can always turn your brightness down :P

Geoff