POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 6 (55KBU) : Re: Take 6 (55KBU) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 6 (55KBU)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 19 Mar 2001 12:26:11
Message: <3ab64132@news.povray.org>
H.E. Day <The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote:

> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, 6 lines --]

> I don't have much time to say anything.
> Enjoy and comment!

Love those egg things!  Especially the netting on the underside.  How was
that done?

Textures are gorgeous, as always.

It's hard to get a sense of scale on those things, thouh.  Are they small
enough to land on the station's lading pads (can they land at all?  I see no
landing gear) or are they too big?  The rear one gives the impression of
being far away, and therefore huge.  The near one gives the impression of
being about the same distance from the viewer as the station.  Also, what's
keeping them up?  They've got lots of rear facing engine, but nothing
downwards (maybe I'm making a wrong inference based upon the tower's
thrusters)

The rear egg needs to be turned.  Left, right, up or down, it doesn't
matter, really, but the straight on shot is a little dull.

Other than that, fantastic.

Geoff