POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) : Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 19 Mar 2001 10:47:40
Message: <3ab62a1c@news.povray.org>
Lutz-Peter Hooge <lpv### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> In article <3AB### [at] darwincwruedu>, wed### [at] darwincwruedu
> says...

>> So thoughts?  Criticisms (constructive, of course)?
> I like it, but I think it would be a lot better if the walls looked not
> so new and clean.
> Perhaps it would help if you added a "granite"-normal to the stones. Or
> even add the "granite" pattern to the isosurface.

Yeah, the walls are a little too clean.  I'm planning on weathing them some,
but as the render already takes close to 12 hours, I'm worried what it'll do
to the time it takes.  I'm using radiosity, so I can't even split the effort
over several systems.

Does anyone have any data on how much longer adding a (say) granite pigment
to the iso takes?  The isos are deformed rounded boxes right now.

Geoff