POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 5 (50K) : Re: Take 5 (50K) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 5 (50K)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 19 Mar 2001 07:35:18
Message: <3ab5fd06@news.povray.org>
H.E. Day <The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote:

> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, 12 lines --]

> Well, got rid of the cave/rocks and just put spray there.  To balance
> the image I placed another floating station farther away.  Also I added
> more detail to the stations.
> And I fixed the falls. The problem was that the falling water texture
> was simply stretched in the z direction, which caused some weird stuff
> to happen around the edges.  I slapped a cylindrical warp on the texture
> and viola!
> Comments?  Enjoy!

Ok, the waterfall is much better here.   It's much clearer that it's a
circular depression and not a waterfall, now, thanks to the clouds to the
right as well as left.

Like others, I don't like the second station, though someone mentioned
making a second pit, which could be cool.  Other than that, everything looks
fabulous.

Geoff