POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flowing particles - take two (144kbu) : Re: Flowing particles - take two (144kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:31:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flowing particles - take two (144kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 18 Mar 2001 11:05:02
Message: <3ab4dcae@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:
> with water there is a sliding scale, large blobs are more
> likely to fragment more on impact

Yes, but I can't make the particles fragment!

The closest thing I can do is to use so many particles that they blob
together, so several particles look like one big one.

> very very small droplets are more likly to either bounce
> almost whole, or simply stick.

When a big water drop fragments into several smaller, do those smaller drops
bounce less than a drop that is small in the first place?

> - this in one of the reasons that when models are used on
> films for the obligatoy damn breaking scene it dosnt look real.

What models and which braking scene???

> > But anyway, I don't think a particle system can be compared
> > to real water that directly.
>
> i think in may ways it can be compared, and yours with
> thousands of incredably small particals should be quite close

Hmm, maybe.

> (then of course we will want you to add a detergent feature
> for froth & bubbles)

That might be difficult. Anyway, what do you mean by front?

> could you add real mega pov motion blur?

No, I think that's impossible since the particles are moved not by the clock
value but by an I/O system. But of course you can use regular post-rendering
motion blur...

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org