POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flowing particles - take two (144kbu) : Re: Flowing particles - take two (144kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:32:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flowing particles - take two (144kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 18 Mar 2001 10:25:20
Message: <3ab4d360@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" wrote:
> Nice, but is a bit unnatural.  The viscosity seems more
> like honey, but the flowing behaviour not

I'm aiming for water, not honey, but I know I'm not very close at this
point.
How can I make it look like the viscosity is like water?

(I know the texture should be different, but I've made it solid in these
test renders so it renders faster and so it's easier to see exactly where
the particles are.)

> It would be nice to see a version, where a lot of
> additional particles are added at the between position,
> something like a still combining all the particles of
> all animation steps.

That's just a matter of using more particles. It's a bit slow for my
computer, so I will wait with that for later...

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org