POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flowing particles - take two (144kbu) : Re: Flowing particles - take two (144kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:33:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flowing particles - take two (144kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 18 Mar 2001 06:33:13
Message: <3ab49cf9@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:
> looking much better, although i would still say it neads many
> many more smaller blobs :)

That will be later! :)

> very impressive how you have managed to get it perfectly cyclic.

Thanks! It was quite a headache to implement, but it seems to work now.

> does a blobs behavour change acording to its size?

No.

> - ie smaller blobs bounder more and higher than larger fatter
> blobber blobs?

No, but I don't think it would be correct anyway. Theoretically if there's a
large object and a small object with the same "springiness" and the two
objects hit a surface with equal velocity, they should bounce equally much,
shouldn't they?

But anyway, I don't think a particle system can be compared to real water
that directly. Real water doesn't consist of particles. And when a water
drop hits a surface it may divide into several smaller drops and generally
behave in very complicated ways.

I hope my particle system will be cool-looking, but it's not supposed to be
used by scientists! ;)

> not sure i am 100% keen on the way the blobs stretch out, but
> maybe thats just me..

Do you mean the pseudo motion blur that stretches out the particles in the
direction of movement? I personally like it, but it can be made stronger or
weaker or turned completely off.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org