POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 4 (100K) : Re: Take 4 (100K) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 4 (100K)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 17 Mar 2001 20:05:47
Message: <3ab409eb@news.povray.org>
Jordan Ellis <hookflash@hotmail_anti-spam_.com> wrote:

>>Well.  I moved the Fortress in closer and got rid of the docks and
>>connecting bridges.  A good idea, I think.  I also added some rocks off
>>to the left to make the water have something to "cascade" around.  Looks
>>good, I think.  Besides the ugly box where the water cascades, I don't
>>think I have to do anything more in that area.  I also translated the
>>clouds 100*z.
>>Comments?
>>
>>H.E. Day
>><><

> I really liked the docks, but it looks awesome either way.  I think some of
> people here tend to be overly critical (there's a difference between
> constructive criticism and close-minded nit-picking), and the simple fact
> of the matter is that your work is usually better than theirs.  So, I'd
> take their "criticisms" with a grain of salt if I were you.

I don't think anyone has been saying anything but constructive criticisms.
There certainly hasn't been any rancor involved.  Most people *love* to see
what people can achieve with this free little program, after all.

As for this pic, I like the rocks but the pray looks a little too smooth
compared to the highly variable falls nearby.  The station position is nice,
since it affords a much better view, though I really liked the floating
aspect and now it looks like it's standing on a tall tower.  Not sure what
to do about this, as moving it to center frame will make the picture too
symmetrical.  You said to ignore the boxes, so I will, though in the far
right, it looks like the water texture goes funny, going from the hazy fuzz
into a smoother texture.  This might be caused by the boxes, but just in
case, I'm calling it to your attention.

Geoff