POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Need a tribble? : Got one (29K) Was:Need a tribble? Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Got one (29K) Was:Need a tribble?
From: Alf Peake
Date: 17 Mar 2001 19:41:51
Message: <3ab4044f@news.povray.org>
"Batronyx" <bat### [at] cadronhsacom> wrote in message
[snip]
> Yes. I was talking about that cool mouse you built. :)
> Might be kinda tricky around the helmet, but I'd love
> to see what kind of results you get.

I've had a routine for hairs, bristles and spines for a few years but
its only usefull for spheres, cones and cylinders. I don't know how to
find the surface of a superellipsoid or blob. I could difference the
mouse body from a union of hairs but the hairs' _lay_ looks very bad.

This is a shell of 30K hairs over a hemisphere.

Alf

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'FurThing.jpg' (29 KB)