POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Need a tribble? : Re: Need a tribble? Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need a tribble?
From: Batronyx
Date: 16 Mar 2001 19:46:59
Message: <3ab2b403$1@news.povray.org>
Alf Peake wrote in message <3ab2a753@news.povray.org>...
>My first thought - Wow! A furry thing. Just what I needed. I've been
>trying brown grass!!
>My second - Does he mean my mouse?
>
>I've only used MegaPov for photons so far. About time I looked into it
>further.
>
>The trouble with tribbles is that no one has seen one (?) but the
>advantage is that no-one can contradict your post ;-)
>
>Alf

Thanks!
Yes. I was talking about that cool mouse you built. :) Might be kinda tricky
around the helmet, but I'd love to see what kind of results you get.
My only objection to the technique is that while its nice and wavy through
most of the hair, its just too straight on the ends.

I was thinking about experimenting with the pcm.mcr morphing macros: feeding
the macro's mclock variable a loop counter instead of real clock values, and
possibly jitter_mesh to gain some control over this. You wouldn't
necessarily have to have MPOV for that, but you would have to be careful
with the transmit values in your pigment statements. I think the motion_blur
patch was designed to simplify this part of things.

Thanks again. :)

bat### [at] cadronhsacom