POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A) : Re: Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A) Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A)
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 15 Mar 2001 19:47:01
Message: <3ab16285$1@news.povray.org>
Just what is happening here?  That is, I wonder why the converted range will
be 0-.5 not 0-1.  When I did my Bozo tutorial waaaaaay back when (I think
it's on the first POV CD), it appeared that there were spots with values at
both 0 and 1, and I thought it was symetric -- both colored spots were the
same size.

Ah, the new Bozo range is .25-.75, so the end value is stretched to fit.
So, in the old formula, that was happening too?  Meaning my spots were too
big and not fuzzy, right?

Anyway, it looks like dividing by 2 on the Granite and changing filter to
transmit everywhere (Stone9 uses T_Crack1 also) gave me the same spirit as
the original.  Thanks!

So... what's the "layered texture change" you refered to in your earlier
note?

--John