POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : disappearing, reappearing isosurface : Re: disappearing, reappearing isosurface Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:31:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: disappearing, reappearing isosurface
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 15 Mar 2001 13:40:28
Message: <3ab10c9c@news.povray.org>
It seems to be an accuracy-problem for me. Sometimes you have to go really
low with this value (something like 0.000001). Your contained_by{}-box is
way to big and you get better results if it's fits better. And it will be
faster. (Throw that unnecessary '+0' out of the function, it slows down the
iso, too - well a little bit :-))

I get a shape that way (using MegaPov 0.6a), but I'm not sure if it's the
right one.

If that does not help, try setting max_gradient by hand and make it quite
high. Eval don't get everything and you have quite high gradients in that
shape. Everything will get really slow then, though.

I think, the iso appears with the transparent box, 'cause the rays get
shorter and the precision gets higher that way. I may be wrong, though..

Hope that helps,

Marc-Hendrik