POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A) : Re: Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A) Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A)
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 14 Mar 2001 19:30:15
Message: <3ab00d17$1@news.povray.org>
"John M. Dlugosz" <joh### [at] dlugoszcom> wrote...
> So you're saying that in POV 3.5, you'll either not apply this particular
> "fix", or you will indeed update the *.inc files to match?  That's good to
> know.

The fix will be part of POV 3.5, and for the final release, we will update
all necessary INC files.  The textures will probably not be identical,
because the noise changes in POV 3.5 are more extensive even than the
changes made to MegaPov, but we will work to make the textures similar to
their original look.

> In the mean time, I'm discussing MegaPOV and trying to lobby the
maintainer
> to support this better by pointing out the need.  This is the
> unofficial.patches newsgroup, you know.

Yes, I see that.  When I originally made this modification, I should have
provided updated INC files (same for the layered texture changes).  I
apologize for that.  Since then, I have gotten more busy with POV 3.5, and I
forgot about providing updated versions.

If anyone here takes the time to update the INC files (both for the layred
texture changes and the noise changes, the POV team would greatly appreciate
it, because we will be able to use that work towards POV 3.5).

-Nathan