POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Image Take Two : Re: IRTC Image Take Two Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Image Take Two
From: Tom Melly
Date: 14 Mar 2001 12:25:39
Message: <3aafa993@news.povray.org>
"H.E. Day" <The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote in message
> Well, I tried to fix the clouds, as well as give the water a sense of
> speed whilst going over the edge.  The latter didn't turn out too
> well...  Anyhoo, I also added area_lights, and got rid of the "flatness"
> of the falls.  Fixed the water vapor as well.
> Comment and tell me what I missed!

IMHO (sorry Vahur), the clouds look much better, although still a little
hard-edged. How are you doing them? K.Wampler and M.Hazelgrove have done
some nice things with clouds from blob densities - I posted a sample (with
an error) to text.scene-files on 6.3.01 "media for jrg".

I don't think the water-speed effect works, but I have no idea how to fix
it. IMHO there is a bit of a problem here. It would appear that the sides of
your hole rise almost to the surface of the ocean, rather than the sea-bed
as I would expect. What would a cross section of the hole, ocean and ocean
bed look like IYHO?

I'm not sure about the the falling water, but it's a matter of taste rather
than strong objection (it looks as though I'm looking at it through frosted
glass).

The water-mist seems a little hard edged with an overly strong demarcation
between the light mist and the denser mist.

(hey, if we can keep nitpicking at this rate, we'll soon stuff his chances
in the irtc).

Seriously, remember that a camel is a horse designed by committee (which
rathe ignores the fact that a camel is a superb piece of engineering).