POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Test image. : Re: IRTC Test image. Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Test image.
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 14 Mar 2001 08:14:26
Message: <3aaf6eb2@news.povray.org>
Bill DeWitt <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote:

> "Geoff Wedig" <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote :
>>
>> Of course, it'd be nice if everyone formatted the way I like it.  Gotta
> work
>> on that POV code pretty printer.... ;)

>     Hmmm... find the "{"s and "}"s and count them, match them to each other
> and keep track of indents, same with the "<,>"s and carriage return before
> key words like "pigment" or "blob".... easily done I suspect. POV-Formatter
> with pretty printer...

>     I like it...

Oh, sure, it's easy to do, but I haven't found the time yet.  Also, if I
want to make it available to the rest of you guys, I'd have to make it
somewhat configurable, because my style is likely not what some like
(obviously my style is not like the style of whomever did the Windows GUI
front end, anyway. ;) )

What'd be really great is to use the pov parser and just put a different
back end on it.  But the pov license doesn't allow it.

Geoff