POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Well - final (115 kbau jpg) : Re: The Well - final (115 kbau jpg) - attached files (1/1) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Well - final (115 kbau jpg) - attached files (1/1)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 14 Mar 2001 04:16:20
Message: <3aaf36e4$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff schrieb in Nachricht ...

>I just tried it out...I used a cylinder with a normal for the water.
>I've included one bucket with a reduced water level to demonstrate the
>effect in the bucket, and another to demonstrate the effect on a nearby
>wall.

Oh, thank you! I couldn't get me to try it, but these results are quite
promising, so I should probably try.
Any "secrets" you can share about the photon settings - I did not try
photons yet. I think it shouldn't increase the rendertime that much if I
shoot the photons only on the water. Or is that wrong?
The water is just a clear cylinder with a normal and a bit reflection, is
it?

Thanks for sharing,

Marc-Hendrik