POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A) : Re: Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A) Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 13 Mar 2001 23:00:48
Message: <3aaeecf0$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3aaebef8@news.povray.org> , "John M. Dlugosz"
<joh### [at] dlugoszcom> wrote:

> If you're going to drop a feature while calling it a "bug", you must update
> the include files first!  Otherwise it's no fix.  If someone wants to
> "change the default textures...look similar (not identical)" that's fine,
> and I'll use it.  But I think keeping the old noise function around is less
> work, and something we can do *now*.

The POV-Team does _not_ and never has officially supported or endorsed
MegaPOV.  For POV-Ray 3.5 we will surely make an attempt to supply
compatible textures, but for now when using MegaPOV keep in mind that
the include files you are using are for POV-Ray 3.1, not MegaPOV!

       Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.