POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Fountain : Re: Fountain Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fountain
From: The "D"
Date: 13 Mar 2001 14:16:12
Message: <3aae71fc$1@news.povray.org>
Duncan Adamson <dja### [at] docicacuk> wrote in message
> The \"D\" wrote:
>
> > Duncan Adamson <dja### [at] docicacuk> wrote in message

> > > Water is
> > >                     blue plane at y=-5
> > >                     intersection{
> > >                         a glass plane at y=-0.2
> > >                         a prism in the shape of the inside of the
fountain
> > >                     }
> > > Quite nice and simple
> >
> > Indeed. hmmm.... Do you think a similar technique will let me bound
water in
> > a bicubic patch fountain I made in spatch?
> >
> > --
> > -The "D"
> >     A Thunderstorm is God's way of telling you that you spend too much
time
> > on the
> > computer
> > Email address given is a spam catcher only
>
> I have been playing with this all week but I don't know a lot about
bicubic
> patches.  However, so long as there are no problems with bicubic patches
and
> CSG there should be no problem.  Of course, you will need to know the
shape of
> the space your fountain is fitting into but hey, you designed it.
>
> Let me know if you have any success - This could be useful for some ideas
of my
> own.

Well it was an attempt to to make a bowel in sptach (before I started
messing with lathes in povray) so it's circular with a flat bottom and as it
turns out a cone like thing in the middle. I could probably re-do it as a
union of lathes but doing csg on bicubit patches shouldn't be a problem
since most spatch models are actually unions of several bi-cubic patches.