POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : DivX:) 'Mech Animation : Re: DivX:) 'Mech Animation Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DivX:) 'Mech Animation
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 13 Mar 2001 13:46:03
Message: <3aae6ada@news.povray.org>

> Geoff Wedig wrote:
>>
>> Since I'm the provider, I'll say that they were only 15 PII 400 dual
>> processors (30 processors, though)  I will also say that the render is now
>> done.  I've put a (complete) version at
>>

> That sounds great, how do you come to have such equipment, do you freely
> offer rendering time? :-)

We have a supercomputing cluster at work, and I was told that they wanted to
get some high load specs on it.... Well, I can provide high load.
Bwa-ha-ha.  So I've got a SC cluster to play with every now and again (ie,
nights and weekends).  Knowing Howard's system, it wasn't much of a jump to
say "Hey, what can you do with some *real* power".  This was the result.

> BTW, the anim looks good, sadly some of the most interesting parts are
> missing in the end (the mud stuff).

The version I posted has it.

> How was the mud done? It looks quite realistic.

I've got the code, but I think I'll let Howard explain should he wish.

Geoff