POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Post process with filter & transm : Re: Post process with filter & transm Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post process with filter & transm
From: Mael
Date: 13 Mar 2001 10:15:02
Message: <3aae3976@news.povray.org>
> I don't understand your point, trace_pixel (in render.c) has
> the screen coordinates you need, so there is absolutely no problem.

right ! i'll try to add this in trace_pixel

my problem was due to the fact that i was trying to add the compute
background pigment in Do_Infinite_Atmosphere (simply because it's where
Frame.Background_Colour is used). However this function can be called for
refracted or reflected rays, where there is no more screen coordinates ..
(sorry for my pathetic english..)

by the way , while looking at pov source code i notice a huge switch/case in
pattern.c (in Evaluate_TPat). Wouldn t it be faster if a pointer of function
was used ? i think the evaluate_tpat is called very often so any
optimization could result in faster rendering