POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV 4 and the STL. : Re: POV 4 and the STL. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 and the STL.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Mar 2001 19:42:47
Message: <3aad6d07$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3aad57ab$1@news.povray.org> , "Alessandro Coppo"
<a.c### [at] iolit> wrote:

> Where did you manage to get gcc 2.72 ? Next to a T.Rex skeleton in a
> paleonthology museum? I have nothing but 2.95.x on my Linux CDs (got in the
> last 12 months). If you want to hurt yourself, you can even get 2.96 from
> RedHat 7! In my experience, 2.95.2 if MUCH better than MSVC6 SP3 w.r.t.
> language conformance (not in optimization, sadly there MS still rules).

Some systems are setup once and then let alone.  Besides it compiles all
C programs without problems.  I can access it on a close to
decommissioning cluster of SGI workstations at university.  The nice
thing is to have a account on the cluster which is rarely used by anyone
else, the downside is that it had been replaced two years ago and not
upgraded for another two before that.  Another system (not at
university) I use from time to time also had 2.72 until about half a
year ago.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde