POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Proximity pattern in Normal? : Proximity pattern in Normal? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:31:06 EDT (-0400)
  Proximity pattern in Normal?
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 12 Mar 2001 11:03:23
Message: <3aacf34b@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to use the proximity pattern in a normal.  However, MP0.7 is
telling me that it isn't finding a normal type.  I thought perhaps I needed
to add something like bozo, but if I do it before, it balks at the proximity
("no } found, found proximity instead").  If I do it after, it breaks the
other way.  It looks to me like the proximity pattern is recognized as a
pattern but isn't *set* as the pattern, so when it gets to the end of the
normal, it bombs.

Here is the normal I've been working with:

normal
{
  proximity
  {