POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A little something I've been working on (~120kau) : Re: A little something I've been working on (~120kau) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little something I've been working on (~120kau)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 12 Mar 2001 09:07:35
Message: <3aacd827@news.povray.org>
> Since it's a radiosity pic, having more stuff in there for the "light"
> to bounce off of and creep around will make a big difference (not
> catastrophically.. I mean, it'll add to the realism and that sort of
thing).

Yes...

> That back wall sure seems thin, though, judging from the edges of the
> holes.. and why is your sky getting lighter as it goes up?

Yes, that's one thing I will be changing. About the sky, well, I dunno, pure
blue was kinda too blue in the shadows.

>As always,
> the walls could use a little roughing, and that goes double for the
> floor, unless the owner of this "hallway" is a compulsive neat-freak. ^_-

Well, I did use a granite normal all over the walls, and the floor and the
table, but if you think I didn't use enough I'll increase the bump_size a
bit.

> I found that out a while back. Not sure why there's a limit, though.

It doesn't really matter. More than that is really not necessary. At least
at this resolution. Maybe I'll find I need more when I render at 5000x3000
or something (which would be crazy, considering how long this small one
takes).