POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV Coke Can : Re: Final Render Of POV Can Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Final Render Of POV Can
From: Batronyx
Date: 12 Mar 2001 08:13:01
Message: <3aaccb5d$1@news.povray.org>
Bob H. wrote in message <3aac6351@news.povray.org>...
>"yooper" <Out### [at] huntelnet> wrote in message
>> You have to (I believe and could be very wrong in this) manually add the
>> alpha channel to the png to get transparency.
>> --------
>> How????  I have PSP6 but the help files don't seem to address this . . .
>
>I can't seem to do it in PSP 5.  Supposed to be able to make a selection
>(could be All of image) and then Save to Alpha Channel but I never use it
so
>I don't know how to go about it.  If I try, all I get is a blank.
>
>Bob H.

In PSP 5,6, or 7 you make a mask from the image from the image itself. You
can then save it to the alpha channel just like a selection. You'll probably
want to delete the mask afterwards, and that's ok because it'll still be in
the alpha channel. While it is still a mask though, you can choose to edit
the mask as a separate bitmap. This will let you use the various
photo-retouch tools  ( i.e. smudge, darken, lighten, etc.) to gain more
control over the transparency. When you save the image, any file format
supporting alpha channel will have it. Hope that helps.

Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom