POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV Coke Can : Re: Final Render Of POV Can Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Final Render Of POV Can
From: Bob H
Date: 12 Mar 2001 00:34:31
Message: <3aac5fe7@news.povray.org>
"yooper" <Out### [at] huntelnet> wrote in message
> Also don't understand how the .png and alpha channel thing works
> so would appreciate any hints there.

You output a PNG or TGA having a Alpha Channel by using +UA on the
command-line or Output_Alpha=On in the INI.  Needs to be at least a 24 bit
image (default).  Any transmit in the pigments will be part of that, and in
PSP you can see it by going to the Selections or Masks menu (I still have
PSP 5 but I'm guessing it's the same) and Load from Alpha Channel... once
the image file is open.
Be aware that MegaPov 0.7 seems to break the Alpha Channel; also that filter
is not converted to it, only transmit.  Value can be 0 to 1 so it can vary
in transparency but color doesn't matter.

Bob H.