POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV 4 and the STL. : Re: POV 4 and the STL. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 and the STL.
From: Scott Hill
Date: 11 Mar 2001 22:08:49
Message: <3aac3dc1@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:20:34 -0000, Scott Hill wrote:
> >"Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> >>
> >> any free for dos ?
> >
> >    Free no, but MSVC, and probably Borland and Watcom, will target DOS.
>
> Not MSVC in any recent version.  I think v. 1.52 was the last version to
target
> anything that isn't 32-bit.

    Sorry, yeah, should've clarified that a bit - as standard, no, MSVC does
not target DOS, but you can get an add-in for it (or at least could - I lost
my copy a while back in a H/D crash and, despite an extensive i'net search
(going on what little info I can recall about it), I can't find hide nor
hair of it any more }:-/ ).

> >> any one for amiga ?
> >
> >    Are there any C++ compilers _at all_ for the Amiga ?
>
> Well, there's GCC.  That works for DOS, too, in the form of DJGPP.

    Should be fine then.

--
Scott Hill.
Software Engineer.

*Everything in this message/post is purely IMHO and no-one-else's*