POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lawsuit : Re: Lawsuit Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:12:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lawsuit
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 11 Mar 2001 22:04:43
Message: <3aac3ccb@news.povray.org>
What you've done so far looks really good, considering that height fields
are always a little jagged. There are two things you can do to smooth it out
a little: First, try using the "smooth" keyword. This may also give you
undesirable results if you need sharp edges. Second, use the highest
resolution image possible for your height field source. If the source image
is higher resolution than the rendered image, you can minimize the jaggies.

-Dave