POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A) : Re: Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A) Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:32:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with MegaPOV 0.7 (broken since 0.6A)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 11 Mar 2001 20:20:17
Message: <3aac2451$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3aabee7f@news.povray.org> , "John M. Dlugosz"
<joh### [at] dlugoszcom> wrote:

> The lines:
>
>       #version official 3.1
>       T_Stone9
>       #version unofficial MegaPov 0.7; // go back to using filtered layers
>
> no longer show the correct interpretation of the stone texture.  It worked
> fine in 0.6 (with the corresponding constant in the last line).

I guess this is caused by the "noise" changes.

The workaround is not to use #version more than once per scene.  The
behavior of #version when used more than once regarding render-time
differences between multiple official and/or unofficial versions is
undefined.  The #version directive should be the first statement in any
.pov file, and later switching should be avoided.

     Thorsten