POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : First try with Photons - help? : First try with Photons - help? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:33:35 EDT (-0400)
  First try with Photons - help?
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 11 Mar 2001 15:46:01
Message: <3aabe409$1@news.povray.org>
First of all, do I have the basic concept right?  The docs are incomplete.
My feeling is that using photons in the global_settings will cause all light
sources to shoot photons at objects that have reflection/refraction photons
turned on, and then =all= objects (unless marked ignore) are illuminated by
these photons.

What are "global photons", as in "Light sources can also generate global
photons. To enable this feature, put the keyword global in the light
source's photon block." ?

A glass object's shadow is totally black
(http://green.dlugosz.com/files/photon_try_1.jpg ).  Why is this, and how
can I get the shadow lighter?

--John