POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Why does motion blur behave like this? : Re: Why does motion blur behave like this? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:34:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does motion blur behave like this?
From: Rune
Date: 11 Mar 2001 08:01:42
Message: <3aab7736@news.povray.org>
"Batronyx" wrote:
> First, why does the motion blur oscillate? I can see it
> as useful in a number of situations, but ordinarily, if
> I'm tranlating something from point A to point B, I
> wouldn't expect copies of the object outside of the
> translation space.

If you want to translate an object by the vector V from clock=0 to clock=1
but not have any movement outside the range of 0 to 1, you must do something
like the following:

#if ( clock<=0 )          translate <0,0,0> #end
#if ( clock>0 & clock<1 ) translate V*clock #end
#if ( clock>=1 )          translate V       #end

Hope that helps.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org