POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Help on Output Format : Re: Help on Output Format Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help on Output Format
From: Bob H
Date: 10 Mar 2001 19:05:16
Message: <3aaac13c@news.povray.org>
Oh hey, if all you're needing is a 100x100 res. animation that's no problem.
You can use orthographic in the camera and specify the width and height with
keywords right 100*x up 100*y then translate the camera accordingly.  The
original image would be placed in as a image_map on a plane with that camera
looking at it.

#declare WhereX=50+(clock*490); // depends on how you are animating
#declare WhereY=50+(clock*330); // starts at lower left border

camera {orthographic
 location -z*100 look_at 0
 right 100*x up 100*y // actual unit area size seen
 translate <WhereX,WhereY,0> // where to look (centered)
}

plane {z,0 pigment {
 image_map {bmp Original.bmp once}
   scale <640,480,1> } // get to unit/pixel res. equivelence
 finish {ambient 1}
}

So, main thing would be to constrain your Where values to stay within the
borders of the original image, and to move the look_at point however you had
planned.
Hopefully I wrote this correctly.

Bob H.