POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cloth Simulator "Room" anim : Re: Cloth Simulator "Room" anim Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:31:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth Simulator "Room" anim
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 10 Mar 2001 14:40:22
Message: <3aaa8326@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote in message
> > No, actually, I was expecting the cloth to fall rapidly to the floor
when
> > removed the attatchments.
>
> You would need to make it heavier then. And also maybe reduce the
viscosity
> of the air. You've seen my anim. It falls more or less quickly.

What do you mean "make it heavier"? There's the facility to do this in
Clothray, but not in Cloth Simulator I think. Possibly viscosity has
something to do with it (so many variables, not enough time to experiment
with them all :-( )  I think it's more to do with the -s step value that is
used to simulate time passed between frames. This has to be adjusted to
compliment wind speed etc. IMO, in your anim, things happened a little too
quickly. It is difficult to get it right though.. I often end up with slow
motion cloth.

> > As you can see, when the wind blows into the room from the corridor, the
> > cloth twists around on itself, and from then on, the cloth seems to get
> > tangled up.
>
> That's odd.

It is odd, as the wind was blowing directly along the z (y in Cloth) axis,
and the cloth was perpendicular to it, so no twisting should have occurred.

I suspect this is related to the bug that Jerome has possibly fixed, where
the cloth becomes attatched to the surface of a collision object, or, as has
just happened to me, becomes attatched to 'thin air'.

--
Andy Cocker

listen to my music at:
www.mp3.com/lunarland

'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.