POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV Coke Can : Re: Correct Font Version (Ooops) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Correct Font Version (Ooops)
From: Duncan Gray
Date: 10 Mar 2001 10:53:55
Message: <3aaa4e13@news.povray.org>
NTL wrote:
> p.s I just wondered if it is possible to actually get to the end of
> raytrace and be happy with the result. Or do you always spot some tiny
> insignificant problem that you have to go in and change and start the
> render again. If this is the case I suppose you never really finish a
> scene. :)

Mine are only finished when the deadline arrives! If there is no deadline,
then they are never really finished; there will always be something that can
be tweaked (Of course posting here probably doesn't help - you'll always
receive plenty of suggestions on how to spend another weekend on the scene
;)

I would think artists of all mediums - raytraced, painted, carved, whatever
have the same problem.

I've entred the IRTC ANIM comp three times now, and I have to admit, there
was a glitch in all three of them. I knew the problems were there when I
uploaded, but render time prevented me fixing them in time. (Luckily, the
judges either didn't notice, or else forgave me the oversight)

Love the new picture, but I might make another observation: Now we can see
the top of the can, it looks to me to be too reflective, and perhaps made of
rather thick metal ;)

But please, don't feel obliged to tweak it and re-render on my account!
--
Duncan Gray
(warning: may contain traces of nut)