POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rhino to POV help needed : Rhino to POV help needed Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Rhino to POV help needed
From: Saadat Saeed
Date: 10 Mar 2001 03:22:27
Message: <3aa9e443@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I was just trying to learn rhino (making a mobile phone) and then experted
it to POVRAY. Now the problem is that rhino generates a mesh and exports to
POVRAY as smooth triangles; and not solids. Is that true? How can I get
solids?

Anyway... now for a bit more of POVRAY help. I made a button (for the mobile
phone) and then a thin solid covering the button... (made that in rhino)....
now I was to give a green glow to the buttonand then a tecture map with the
number cut out so that the green glow goes through the number cutout. The
thin coovering button should be transparent........ How can I get the bottom
button to have a green glow in the first place. Should I use media... if so
then how do I start?

Thanks in advance!

BR.Saadat