POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV Coke Can : Re: Correct Font Version Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Correct Font Version
From: Duncan Gray
Date: 9 Mar 2001 20:29:07
Message: <3aa98363@news.povray.org>
NTL wrote:
> I loved the image map you created so decided to do a little scene. Hope
> you like it.

Very much so.

But ... is there something not quite right with the top of the glass ? The
refraction of the light is causing the straw to be not visible just below
the rim of the glass. I'd only expect this to happen if it were a solid
cylinder rather than open-topped tube.

Is the glass a basic cylinder difference, if so it might be that you have
made the inner cylinder the same height as the outer, from the wrong angle,
this can cause POV-Ray to leave a thin skin where both surfaces intersect.
If this the case, I'd suggest making the inner cylinder slightly taller than
the outer, just to make sure it protrudes through the surface.

Great picture though, the low-lighting is spot-on and I love those
ice-cubes.

It must have taken a long time to render - the drink has gone flat ;)
How about some bubbles ? (only a suggestion, this will probably slow down
the render time quite considerably - lots more reflections and refractions
for POV-Ray to trace)

--
Duncan Gray
(warning: may contain traces of nut)