POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cloth Simulator "Room" anim : Cloth Simulator "Room" anim Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:34:35 EDT (-0400)
  Cloth Simulator "Room" anim
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 9 Mar 2001 18:47:59
Message: <3aa96baf@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm not happy with this.. it didn't turn out at all like I'd hoped.. but
after re-rendering three times, I decided it was time to post it.

The cloth behaves as desired whilst it remains attatched to the rail (
notice how the door frame causes the cloth to fold sharply - very nice ),
but later it gets tangled up.

Basically, I created the anim by editing the POV script on-the-fly, entering
different 'wind' values and saving the .pov file in the editor, thus causing
POV to write the updated .cl file for the Post_Process Cloth step to
process.

I was going to post my code for this, but as it didn't turn out very well, I
don't know if it would help anyone - maybe you feel otherwise.

I'll keep on experimenting and hopefully things will improve as Jerome
updates the prog.

--
Andy Cocker

listen to my music at:
www.mp3.com/lunarland

'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.

Attachments:
Download 'Door.mpg' (412 KB)