POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : yet another mengersponge... : Re: yet another mengersponge... Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:12:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yet another mengersponge...
From: Bonsai
Date: 9 Mar 2001 11:42:19
Message: <3aa907eb$1@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Bonsai wrote:
>
> > ... but I was interested in the inner structures. Took my machine 2 days
> > render at 800x600. I think I have to work on the code...
>
> There was a thread about this some time (years ?) ago. If I remember well,
> solution for optimising the sponge was to run only a small part of it (a
1/8 or
> 1/81, for instance), and then to replicate the part as needed. The
decrease in
> parsing and render time was dramatic.
> Hope this helps.

Yes it did in parts. For the creation of a mengersponge that does not
interact with any other object it is a big increase (now it takes some
minutes to render one at 800x600 with the same complexicity...)

But when I want to do the cut away with a sphere it goes back to the 1 or 2

come home and feed my little Athlon with new stuff...

so long and thanks allot,

Bonsai