POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cloth Simulator (Latest Experiments) : Re: Cloth Simulator (Latest Experiments) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:33:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth Simulator (Latest Experiments)
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 8 Mar 2001 13:07:52
Message: <3aa7ca78@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote in message
> So, you can run a program from POV-Ray? Or do you have POV output your .cl
> files and then run the cloth generator on that and then run POV again?

I run Cloth as a Post_Frame process after each frame (see the Flag demo in
the Cloth distribution). I get POV to write out a new .cl file every time,
which allows me to update variables (such as position or attach points)
dynamically (usually using Colefax's "AutoClck.mcr"). Thus, the process
becomes totally automatic, leaving me free to sit and watch the screen and
twiddle my thumbs.

Anim progressing well.. hopefully post tonight. And don't expect anything
earth-shattering, but it is looking quite nice. :-)

--
Andy Cocker

listen to my music at:
www.mp3.com/lunarland

'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.