POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cloth Simulator (Latest Experiments) : Re: Cloth Simulator (Latest Experiments) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:32:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth Simulator (Latest Experiments)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 8 Mar 2001 09:38:18
Message: <3aa7995a@news.povray.org>
> So, are you writing out a selection of
>*.inc files, and then #including them in
>your animation on a frame by frame basis?

Exactly. I output all the cloth I need, and then do all my rendering.

>I get POV to write out a new .cl file as
>each frame is rendered, updating any changing
>variables as the animation progresses, such as
>attach points etc.

So, you can run a program from POV-Ray? Or do you have POV output your .cl
files and then run the cloth generator on that and then run POV again?

> BTW, got what I hope will be a great anim

How modest... this must be good! :)

>rendering as I type this.. I thought it was time
>to place a cloth in a real scene.

Yeah, I'm working on a still image with cloth right now. I'm using it in a
way no one ever imagined... OK, OK, it's a tablecloth. :\

>Watch this space :-)

Will do!