POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cloth Simulator (Latest Experiments) : Re: Cloth Simulator (Latest Experiments) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth Simulator (Latest Experiments)
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 7 Mar 2001 19:35:05
Message: <3aa6d3b9@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote in message
> > Well yes, but I mean with out my having to setup a clock variable, etc.
> > (which is a pain to do for just one image).
>
> The only thing you would need the clock for is to make the animation.
> Basically, what I do is this:
>
> #declare File = concat("cloth",str(clock/clock_delta,0,0),".inc")
> object {#include File ...}

So, are you writing out a selection of *.inc files, and then #including them
in your animation on a frame by frame basis? I do it differently: I get POV
to write out a new .cl file as each frame is rendered, updating any changing
variables as the animation progresses, such as attach points etc.

BTW, got what I hope will be a great anim rendering as I type this.. I
thought it was time to place a cloth in a real scene. Watch this space :-)

--
Andy Cocker

listen to my music at:
www.mp3.com/lunarland

'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.