POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Well - final (115 kbau jpg) : Walls (attached photo ~13 kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Walls (attached photo ~13 kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 7 Mar 2001 13:38:14
Message: <3aa68016@news.povray.org>
Geoff Wedig schrieb in Nachricht <3aa51ab6@news.povray.org>...

> They take rawly rectancular
>> stones, which they fit together in a somewhat ordered random way. there
are
>> at least some horizontal lines in such a wall. I tried metric 1 crackle
>> ones -that was rectancular, but not at all ordered. I'm currently
thinking
>> about a way to combine the brick pattern and the crackle pattern, but I
>> don#t know if it leads anywhere.

>So regular stones aren't a big deal to me. ;)

Your ISW seems to be useful but actually I'm looking more for a wall which
looks roughly like the attached picture. Perhaps not that wrecked, but a bit
like that. You see, the stones a roughly trimmed and they are chosen, so
everything fit's together. I would take irregular roughly rectangular stones
too though.

Don't know if I will come ever near that, but I will have to try :-)

Marc-Hendrik

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mauer.jpg' (13 KB)