POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Greetings race fans II (684 kbbu) : Re: Greetings race fans II (684 kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Greetings race fans II (684 kbbu)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 5 Mar 2001 20:56:50
Message: <3aa443e2@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> What a rip-off! Where are the crashes and firey explosions? :)

You want crashes?: I have about 30-50 earlier versions of this with

of the actors and then allow for a crash, where the car just stops there
in the middle of the track.

But it was a real accomplishment to get them to go this fast without
crashes, even if they would rather slow down and hug the wall to let the

set of parameters (brake/accel decisions, etc.) that would prevent

/slow down (how many frames before wall collision it would tolerate
before braking.)

BTW if there is a big interest in this, I can make a self-explanatory
page like I did for boids....